Birthday ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 28, 2007

An eventful day

This gonna be a looong post…

I was on leave yesterday as my parents-in-law went for their routine check-up at the hospital. I started the day at about 8.30am (which considered later than usual) as Norelle slept in longer. The reason for that? The night before yesterday, she slept in about 9+pm and I was dead tired so I slept earlier as well. At about 12+am, I was woken up by her cry - usual. And she fell asleep again after I stuffed the pacifier into her mouth. And I did the most natural thing, sleep and man I did sleep like a baby. You know why? Because while I was in La La land, I was woken up by a loud THUD! And the next thing I know - Norelle was screaming on top of lung. I turned to her side and to my horror, she's not there!!! Yup, you guessed it right - SHE FELL OFF THE BED!!!!!! I jumped off the bed and found her face-down lying on the floor. I carried her up and pacified her. She cried for a while more and fell asleep again. Then I looked at the clock, it showed 6.40am...which meant I had a straight 6 hours of slumber. It felt so good but on the other hand I felt bad as I couldn’t prevent Norelle from falling. So for tonight, I placed a mattress at the side of the bed – for that ‘Just in case it happens again’ scenario which I hope it won’t.

So we slept in a bit later and started our day as usual. Changed her diaper and brought her down to the living hall and let her play by herself as I went and prepare her breakfast. Fed her cereal with 2 cubes of peach and broccoli mixed with sweet potato. Not too bad. She finished most of them except a little left over for the broccoli. Too thick I think. Then she poop so I prepared her bath. After her bath, she took her morning nap at 11am. She woke up an hour later (she morning nap is usually 2hours) and she refused to sleep again. Then I dressed her as I was meeting my girlfriend for lunch. It was my first time driving with her being all alone in her car seat at the back.

I went to pick up my friend at Phileo Damansara 2. She was OK as the distance was quite near. Then we headed to Decanter
at Setiabakti for lunch. The place was nice and cosy and the food was great. Norelle was at her best behavior where she did not fuss when seated at the high chair and was extremely smiley. I ordered escargot and steak pie for me and some toasted bread for Norelle. She enjoyed her bread so I managed to have my lunch in peace.


Then we headed to The Curve as I wanted to get some small microwaveable containers for heating up her purees. I managed to find the microwaveable snack cups by Nûby at Anakku. A good buy at least I am now able to store some cereal/purees in them when going out. I also bought a pair of shoes for her and also a new teether and a pair of pants (on sales, ok) and a pack of Healthy Times Apple Cinnamon Puffs!!! Hehe...I am a happy Mommy. But I was not able to get the Baby Yogurt as apparently Cold Storage had run out of stock??? Both Baby Heinz AND Baby Yoplait!!! There you see..I did not buy the whole departmental store back, ok.

She slept in her pram at about 4+pm, as I did not want to wake her up from her nap..I walked around for about 2+hours then we headed home. She was still tired and continued sleeping in her car seat and we when reached home at about 7pm, I woke her up as I do not want her bedtime to be interrupted. Then MIL came and delivered my dinner – I love my MIL and about 9pm, I wanted to prepare Norelle for her bedtime and she gave me a good night work-out – she pooped. I had to washed her and ‘fighting’ to dress her up (our usual routine before sleeping) and fed her milk and then she’s off to her La la land – leaving me with sweaty body and a good soiled diaper to be washed…..

So there you go. Quite an eventful day huh? Miss HY terribly (another 22 hours to go before he comes back from Bangkok)

Good night.



No comments: