Birthday ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 25, 2008

The strike of the BIG 'T2'

The first week of the arrival of lil' Preston was a challenging time. Well, the problem was not with him as a newborn - so far he has been quite 'predictable'. He feeds every 3 hours, not a very fussy baby, pees and poos quite often...(well, compared to Norelle, he's much easier to handle).

Now the BIG problem is Norelle, herself. She has been quite 'difficult' and has been throwing tantrums since the day I've been admitted. She has been very demanding, stubborn, ignorant, rude, etc. She knows the arrival of her lil' brother and she will shows her affection towards him such as kissing, cuddling, and 'sayang' him. But her 'inner' self was somehow 'disturbed'. Since I'm doing my confinement at my MIL's, she also stays with me as she has never spent the night with another person (well she did spent 3 nights with my MIL when she was 4 Mos old - but she was still too young then).

And she's finding 'comfort' in her Barney. She practically asking to watch Barney 24/7 - which can be quite daunting when you are facing that 'Purple Creature' so many times a day. When we relented, she turned into a different person - wailing, screaming, kicking, fussing for the whole day. She will even 'cry out' for Barney in her sleep! We bought a few toys for her telling her that those were given to her by her 'didi'. That worked a little. But she is still very 'focus' in her Barney...

So we made a decision to bring her home (me and lil' Preston too) during the weekend. To let her 'break-away' from being station at my MIL's for so many days. She will tell us that she wanna go home as she misses home or misses all of us being together. Can tell that she is frustrated as her 'normal' routine has been disrupted. And she was better after the weekend stay at the home. But she still ask for her Barney DVDs but much better.

*Sigh......I hope this Terrible 2 phase + jealously will be over soon..........

1 comment:

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Yes it will, hang on there!! Bryan is still a bit jealous and demanding even after 5 months. Just got to give them more attention :)